This entry level role will play a large part in coordinating and managing details of events set in this high-profile corporate environment. In this hands-on role, the Junior Event Planner will have the opportunity to absorb extra responsibility and transition into a management position.
- Plan and Execute Internal and External Events. Communicate with contacts and event coordinators via phone and email.
- Coordinate meet and greet with new clients. Setup site visits and walk-throughs.
- Check on catering services and a/v throughout the day. Coordinate room checks with other planner to ensure all services are checked.
- Daily duties include answering phones for ECC and assistance with VEMS, Meet and Greet Clients, provide guest services at the front desk.
- Create and update reservations via EMS
- Create & maintain both daily & weekly BEO packets including copies for Floor Supervisor, Chef & kitchen and AV team. Continuously update of unforeseen or sudden changes to BEO packets. Continuous cross-referencing of daily & weekly BEO details
- Daily BEO staff meeting. Provide updated copies of daily BEO and gather staff for 2pm meeting each day
- Perform room checks before & during events to ensure standards are met and remain available to clients throughout the event
- Send following week’s event confirmations and respond to and/or allocate all email inquiries
- Submit HVAC report for following week’s events
- Manage the evening events
- Work with Executive Chef on menus & advise clients on meals & beverages
- Submit Weekly Event Schedule Reports submitted to Hospitality Team & Monthly Private Banking Report
- 1-3 years of prior event planning experience
- Friendly and energetic personality
- Sense of urgency to get the job done, hands on when necessary
- Resilient and adaptable, fearless
- Computer skills – professionally interact with Clients through email
- Extremely reliable and responsible
- Experience in a conference dining location is a plus!
- Strong communication skills
How to Apply
HMG+ asks that along with your resume, please attach a cover letter with the following required components:
- A description of the specific experience that is applicable to the position
- Your desired salary range
- 3 professional and personal references
Please note, only applicants with a full cover letter and resume will be considered. Any spelling or grammatical errors will immediately remove your application from consideration.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.