Are you passionate about food? Do you possess great communication skills? HMG Plus, a leader in hospitality event staffing is seeking experienced and professional Captains with flexible schedules in the New York/New Jersey area.
- Act as onsite leadership for HMG Plus
- Manage food and beverage distribution at large-scale events and private parties
- Delegate and communicate event detail responsibilities to Service Professionals
- Maintain a high service level standard and follow through when expectations are not met with Service Professionals
- As a leader, develop Service Professional’s skill and confidence
- Direct Service Professionals in set up and break down of event
- Keep the flow of the event space clean and organized
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a leader, MaitreD, or catering captain
- Personable, dependable and always on time for work
- Critical eye for detail and table maintenance
- Quickly adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds
- Positive attitude and maintain professional appearance
- Flexible schedule for afternoon and evening gigs
- Thorough understanding of food and beverage service preferred
- Proper wine service knowledge a plus
Sound like you or someone you know? Join the Plus team!
Be part of a community of like-minded service professionals who value integrity, enjoy seeing their guests smile, work hard, and love the feeling of being part of a successful event.