Are you looking for your next home?
HMG+’s Client has a rare opportunity for a qualified candidate to join a fantastic team in New York City!
- 2 years of hospitality, greeting, or hosting experience
- Exceptional customer service abilities, professional and personal, accommodating to all needs of VIP clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Warm and engaging personality, positive attitude
- Organized, proactive, takes initiative
- Very polished, exceptional presentation
Establish a welcoming, warm and professional atmosphere for all clients, executives and staff members. They will be the first impression to all and the point of contact for all conference center users. Responsible for engaging all clients, guests, vendors and associates entering the conference center. The Conference Ambassador will display an energetic, friendly, and approachable demeanor at all times.
- Works with clients on all details of their meeting, ensuring all services are present, proper technology is in place and the configuration is to their specifications
- Greets and handles visitors to the company with a smile and maintains eye contact throughout the entire interaction, addressing guests and clients by name whenever possible
- Follows established procedures with regard to both expected and unexpected arrivals, coordinating with in-house security as appropriate
- Acts as first point of contact for all activities and emergencies in the lobby, remaining alert at all times
- Serves as point person, taking ownership of any challenges that may arise within the operation, resolving them, or following escalation procedures as required
- Answers telephones in a friendly, professional manner, taking messages with accuracy and, if required, handling the firm’s switchboard on a full or part-time basis
- Assists with the booking of meetings in conference rooms, monitoring meeting start/end times, food and beverage deliveries, and any specific process as designated by the client
- Implements security policies and procedures established by the client with regard to arriving and departing visitors, contractors, delivery persons, etc., if situated in a main lobby arrival area
- Executes concierge duties such as providing maps and directions, distributing parking stickers, assisting with restaurant referrals and maintain a supply of visitor amenities
- Communicates requests to the appropriate internal support departments, such as Building Maintenance (heating and cooling issues), Information Technology (computer issues), Audiovisual Technology (meeting room technical support), and Mail Room (package pickups and deliveries)
- Provides administrative support to designated departments such as Human Resources (gathering paperwork from arriving job applicants), accounting (performing clerical tasks), etc.
- Has a thorough understanding of the firm’s emergency procedures and is prepared to carry out designated tasks in the event of a fire or other emergency
- Wears clean, pressed uniform, including name badge, at all times
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of requests and situations for guests and members of the firm